How to Get Help
Stop by and see our friendly, helpful Desktop Support person, Cory Wiedenhoeft:
Our services for UW-owned computers include:
- Consulting on ordering new computers, printers, scanners or software
- Choosing, ordering, setup and installation of new computers and printers
- Installing and configuring software
- Troubleshooting and repairing computers, printers, and software
- Diagnosing and repairing computer viruses
- Reloading or upgrading computer operating systems
- Maintaining existing network drives, including backups
- Creating departmental email accounts
- Creating user accounts to access existing network drives and network printers
- Installing software on classroom and lab computers
We can also provide replacement keyboards and mice.
Help Provided by Others:
See our tasks page.
If your computing issue has ground your class to a halt and you need immediate assistance, please call: (608) 262-5360
Class, Departmental, and Lab Website Questions:
Email Dixie and Paul at
and we'll contact you.
Dixie's office is located in the A wing - room A109.
Dixie's duties focus on our web content management systems, Drupal and WordPress:
- System administration and maintenance of the system software that drives the Departmental websites and many of the lab websites.
- Administration of user accounts for the Drupal and WordPress sites.
- Strategic planning for web topics for Russell Labs Computing.
With our Users:
- Training and mentoring of content managers (faculty, staff, and students) to create and maintain their lab websites.
- Managing the Russell Labs WordPress User Group.
- Writing how-to documentation and creating video tutorials on our content management software.
- Consulting with faculty and research staff on website options, including doing a basic business needs analysis.
- Uploading files for faculty who do not use the web content management systems.
To learn more about our WordPress lab websites, click here.